things could be worse..

sometimes i rise my head from above all the cotton candy world i seem to have pictured the world to be,
and i shudder to see all that i seem to have brushed aside,
won't people think me a fool, that i am all rainbows and cloudy fluffs while outside,
the world is a savage place, all run by selfish ulterior motives,
won't people laugh at me and my hopeless hopeless hopeful notions of life and people,

little do they know, while i convince them life's all chocolates and all things beautiful,
deep inside me a storm rages on, life's constant inner battle,
do i really believe myself when i throw around all this positivity,
i am no naive child, though sometimes i feel like one,
i am wary of all the things in the big bad world,
of all the things that are not right, of all the things that could have been..
but i also do realize,
with all the things there are, life could be a lot worse,
no matter in what situation we find,
if we choose to remember, no matter how hard life is,
Things could be worse...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

Dreaming about the dreaming spires

love at first sight, they say