A song that speaks my heart and mind..

Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

As kids, we all have in us dreams of the things we wish to achieve in life- we are hopeful and we are fearless.. We all need a sense of belonging, of being a part of something incredible, and more importantly being incredible ourselves.. We all would want to take chances and challenge ourselves, but often fear and self doubt gets in the way and makes us settle for things..

This is why I love this song, and the message it delivers.. We all want to breakaway, to make wishes, take chances and make a change in the world..

Grew up in a small town 
And when the rain would fall down 
I'd just stare out my window 
Dreamin' of what could be 
And if I'd end up happy 
I would pray 

Trying hard to reach out 
But when I tried to speak out 
Felt like no one could hear me 
Wanted to belong here 
But something felt so wrong here 
So I prayed I could breakaway 

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly 
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky 
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change 
And breakaway 
Out of the darkness and into the sun 
But I won't forget all the ones that I love 
I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change 
And breakaway 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7jKg5PqDM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

Dreaming about the dreaming spires

love at first sight, they say