When I grow up.. Oh wait..

So this weekend, I stumbled upon this program on TLC called Fabulous cakes. Now if there's one thing in this world that gets me going and motivates me to live each day is the thought that there's cake (a bit of an exaggeration but that's what artistic freedom is about, right?).. So anyway, this show is about famous bakeries around the US and each episode focuses on a handful of bakeries in one city and how they design massive show-stopping cakes for events..
A cake from one of the episodes-The cake
was made for earth day.


It's unbelievable how much hard work goes into it, it's art, it's architecture, it's engineering, it's so scientific.. And the passion with which these designers handle each project.. The look on their faces when they get a design right.. I would be the happiest person in the world if I could do a job that could give me that much of satisfaction..

I know I talk about this a lot, about the future, about what I want to do in life. I pretty much have a sketchy idea of it, just still have not filled in the exact colours and waiting for life and time to colour it all in, one day at a time. But in this rough sketch, I have figured out I do not need swanky houses, a fat paycheck or lots of spotlight. Especially not the spotlight, I am more of a backstage person.. so if I ever took up this cake business, I would most likely stay behind the kitchen door.. But whatever I do, all that I hope for is to see its results (positive that is) on the faces of people I work with.. I think that would be the best reward I could go.

Also related to this is Federer's win over Tsonga in the ATP Master's Final here in London. Watching the highlights and watching him lift the trophy with Coldplay's Fix you playing in the background, seeing his smile which spoke thousands of words about the hard work he had put in and how it worked out for him in the end.. How everyone had been writing him off for months now, how he had slipped off to number three in the ranking.. All this also made me think about how nice it must feel to do something people say you cannot..
Federer! (from the internet)
How nice must it feel to have it all figured out, to looked into the eyes of people and say, 'I know what I am doing!'..
Gets me thinking, these things.. I would like to do it one day.. Live my dream..
So change of plans.. I am going to give Civil Services a try, and then (hopefully) it will all work out.. and then I shall give this cake business and also photography a try.. or maybe all things alongside each other..
Watch this space for more ;)
Also here's the link to Coldplay's Fix you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrdLO8fie0 best song ever..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

love at first sight, they say